Rockport First Assembly of God will use the festival grounds Saturday, Sept. 29 for a “Day of Hope and Reflection.”
Aransas County Navigation District commissioners approved the church’s request at its regular meeting Monday, July 2.
Pastor Bruce Frazier, in a letter to the district, said, “We are excited to be able to give a little back to our city. We lost about half of our church facility during Harvey and were unable to be as active as we wanted to in community involvement immediately after the storm.”
He said the church has partnered with several organizations, locally and nationally, to make it a great day of encouragement for Rockport.
As of Monday’s meeting, the following activities/giveaways will be available during the Day of Hope and Reflection:
• Free hot dogs, chips and drinks for attendees
• Two bags of groceries for each adult present (while supplies last)
• Kid zone with inflatable toys
• New shoes (300 pairs) for children and adults
• Free hair cuts
• Prayer for anyone who would like to participate
• A tent to reflect and tell your Harvey story and recovery to a sympathetic listener
• Music and live DJ