Upcoming Sunday afternoon programs at the History Center for Aransas County (HCAC) will engage you in local stories. Each monthly program begins at 2 p.m. at the HCAC (801 E. Cedar St.).
Upcoming programs are:
• Sunday, July 25 – “Historic Texas Bottles and What We Can Learn from Them” presented by Blackland Museum (Taft) board member Will Beauchamp. Bring your old bottles to be inspected/discussed by the speaker and audience.
• Sunday, Aug. 22 - “Goose Island State Park: A Landmark in Aransas County” presented by Goose Island State Park Ranger Andrea Boon, a trained archeologist. Learn about how the Park was constructed, as well as information about future plans.
• Sunday, Sept. 19 - “Connie Hagar, Early Environmentalist” presented by Friends of Connie Hagar President Mary Lessor. Learn about Hagar’s objections to development of wetlands and how she influenced students.
• Sunday, Oct. 17 – To be announced.
• Sunday, Nov. 21 - “Holiday Traditions and Vintage Ornaments” presented by Friends of the History Center board member Maureen Winkelman. What family traditions and recipes do you have? View decorated trees to welcome the holiday season.
Presenters will be live with videos posted later at the History Center website www.hcfriends.net.