Details for GAS UTILITY WORKER:
Under the supervision of the Gas Foreman, safely performs routine tasks and projects of moderate complexity requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Perform preventive and routine maintenance on pipeline system;
• Troubleshoot, test, install, and repair pipeline system materials and equipment;
• Operates: vehicle, pipeline system equipment, and other essential equipment. Handles material, cargo, and accessories;
• Reads meters, investigates low/high consumption.
• Completes maintenance records, service reports, and other required documents on paper and PC; and
• Other duties may be assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
• Have a valid Texas Driver License in good standing;
• Ability to read, write and speak in English;
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide two digit numbers;
• Perform operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance;
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or-two step instructions; and
• Deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
For a full job description please go to www.cityofportaransas.org or come in to City Hall. EOE