Details for Beach Lifeguard – City of Port Aransas, Texas Junior Guards
Beach Lifeguard –
City of Port Aransas, Texas
$12.50 per hr
18 and up Guards-
$14.48 per hr
Summary: Patrols public beach area to monitor activities of swimmers and prevent illegal conduct by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Observes activities in assigned area on foot, in vehicle, or from tower or headquarters building with binoculars to detect hazardous conditions such as swimmers in distress, disturbances, or safety infractions.
• Cautions people against use of unsafe beach areas or illegal conduct such as swimmers in distress, disturbances, or safety infractions.
• Rescues distressed persons from ocean
• Examines injured individuals, administers first aid, and monitors vital signs.
• Administers artificial respiration or provides oxygen to revive persons.
• Compiles emergency and medical treatment report forms and maintains daily information on weather and beach conditions.
• Operates switchboard or two-way radio system to maintain contact and coordinate activities between emergency rescue units.
• Other duties may be assigned.
For a full job description please go to our website www.cityofportaransas.org. The City of Port Aransas is EOE.
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.